Concert theme: “Moranbong Band warmly loved by the people” … ”represented with cheerful music the immortal feats supreme leader Kim Jong Un has performed”
Place: April 25 House of Culture
Audience: Ordinary ticket paying people, ”including schoolchildren and foreigners”
KJU: Present in the first concert 2014.03.22
KCNA: Highly approving; calendar>> March 23>> March 24>> March 26>> April 1
Moranbong Band gave altogether ten concerts during 2014.03.22 – 04.01. All visible evidence we have of them is a 3 min news clip, with rather poor audio. In this concert the band in civilian dress was allowed to play also old hits from 2012 and 2013 (indicated by date in the brackets); in many other concerts in March the new concept was followed in military dress, with a similar repertoire as in the 2014.03.17 concert. The stage personnel appears to have been the same throughout March 2014, with Sonu and three singers missing.
In this Rodong Simmun 2014.03.25 report it is mentioned that MB had developed the spiritual power to cure the ills of people. The concept may have changed, but the band remained potent.
Song seen in the newsreel
00.00 인민의 환희 Inminye hwanhwe People’s joy 人民の喜び (performed earlier in 2014.03.17)
00.50 바다만풍가 Pada manphunga Song of high haul in the sea 海の豊漁歌 (2014.03.17)
01.07 우린 사랑한다 Urin saranghanda We love 我らは愛す (2013.04.25)
01.32 달려가자 미래로 Tallyŏkaja mirero Dash to the future 駆けて行こう未来へ (2012.08.25)
01.46 우리의 행군길 Uriye henggungil On our march 我らの行軍の道 (2012.10.10)
02.15 우리는 당신밖에 모른다 Urinŭn tangsinbagge morŭnda We will follow you only 私たちはあなたしか知らない (2014.03.17)
1. 인민의 환희 Inminye hwanhwe People’s joy 人民の喜び 《人民的欢喜》
Composition: An Jong-ho 안정호, lyrics: Cha Ho-gun 차호근, 2014
Female choir 녀성중창
2. 뜨거운 정 Tŭgŏun jŏng Hot Feelings 熱い気持ち
No creation info
Solo: Pak Mi-kyong
3. 우리 어버이 Uri ŏpŏi Our father 私たちの慈父 《我们的慈父》
Composition: An Jong-ho 안정호, lyrics: Pak Kyong-sim 박경심, 2014
Duo: Pak Mi-kyong, Kim Yu-kyong
4. 바다만풍가 Pada manphunga Song of high haul in the sea 海の豊漁歌 《海上的丰产歌》
Composition: Kim He-song 김해성, lyrics: Cha Ho-gun 차호근, 2014
Solo: Kim Sol-mi.
5. 귀항의 노래 Kwehangye nore Song of ship returning to harbour 帰港の歌
No creation info. An old song, performed also by the Wangjaesan Light Music Band. https://youtu.be/G9ZRCV2-0tA
6. 자나깨나 원수님 생각 Janakena wŏnsunim senggak I think of the marshal day and night 寝ても覚めても元帥様を考える
Composition: An Jong-ho 안정호, lyrics: Cha Ho-gun 차호근, 2014. A KJU song.
Solo: Ra Yu-mi
7. 날아가다오 그리운 내 마음아 Naragadao kŭriun ne maŭma I wish my longing heart could fly 飛んでおくれ、私の恋しい心
No creation info. A new KJU song.
Solo: Pak Mi-kyong
8. 희망 넘친 나의 조국아 Hwemang nŏmchin naye joguga My country overflowing with hope 希望に満ちた我が祖国 《充满希望的我国哟》
Composition: An Jong-ho 안정호, lyrics: Cha Ho-gun 차호근, 2013
Solo: Jong Su-hyang
9. 우리 원수님 Uri wŏnsunim Our marshal 我が元帥様
Composition: Kim Un-ryong 김운룡, lyrics: Cha Ho-gun 차호근, 2013
Duo: Jong Su-hyang, Ra Yu-mi
10. 병사의 발자욱 Pyŏngsaye paljauk Footprints of soldiers 兵士の足跡 《士兵的足印》
Composition: Hwang Jin-yong 황진영, 1999
11. 용사들 Yongsadŭl Heroes 勇士達
No creation info. Probably a new song made in spring 2014.
Solo: Ra Yu-mi
– The song can be heard here http://exploredprk.com/music/the-heroes/
published in September 2016. Its Korean lyrics can be found in Arthur Yabe’s comment at the end of this page.
12. 조국과 인민을 위하여 복무함 Jogukkwa inminŭl wihayŏ pogmuham In service of our state and citizens 祖国と人民の為ために服務する
No creation info.
13. 당기여 영원히 그대와 함께 Tangiyŏ yŏngwŏni kŭdewa hamgge We’ll be forever with you, Party flag 永遠まで党旗と一緒
Composition: Hwang Jin-yong 황진영, lyrics: group, 2013
14. 그이 없인 못살아 Kŭi ŏpsin mossara We cannot live without him あの方なしでは生きられない
Composition 작곡: Kim Un-ryong 김운룡, lyrics 작사: Cha Ho-gun 차호근, 2013
Female quartet: Pak Mi-kyong, Kim Sol-mi, Jong Su-hyang, Ra Yu-mi
15. 우리는 당신밖에 모른다 Urinŭn tangsinbagge morŭnda We will follow you only 私たちはあなたしか知らない
Composition: Hwang Jin-yong 황진영 & Kim Un-ryong, lyrics: Cha Ho-gun 차호근 & Ri Ji-song, 2013
An Jong-ho: 4, all new
Hwang Jin-yong: 3, 2 new
Kim Un-ryong: 3 new (one of them with Hwang)
Kim He-song: 1 new
Cha Ho-gun: 7
Ri Ji-song: 1 (with CHG)
Pak Kyong-sim: 1
No creation info 5
15 songs; 2 old, may be 13 new. The balance is now heavily on singing about KJU. The programme is practically the same as in the concert for screening of the new concept. 9 songs by MBB vice directors.
More photos of the concert were found at uriminzokkiri.com, and these have a date:
2014년 3월 31일.